We are pleased to provide you with this information concerning our Capital Stewardship Program for paying off approximately 28 percent of our debt. From the moment our church made the decision to purchase approximately 143 acres of land near the corner of Van Dyke and Dale Mabry, there was a sense of anticipation for the growth Idlewild would be blessed with and the ministries we would be empowered to do. The years of preparation became a reality when we held our first worship service in October 2005. And since that day, our exciting church has indeed been richly blessed, both with over 440,000 square feet of space to expand our ministries and with new opportunities to touch people with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Approximately 6,000 people worship at Idlewild each Sunday—an increase of 30 percent.
- Almost 1,000 baptisms since our relocation.
- Nearly 700 decisions for Christ since relocating.
- Children’s Ministry continues to grow.
- We enjoy exceptional fellowship time in the Global Missions Café.
- Adult education opportunities are thriving.
- Our Student Ministry is growing each year.
- As our vision continues to become a reality, we need to reduce our debt by $10.2 million over the next two years.